Harney & Sons Thin Grade Matcha Jobetsugi | 1.06 Ounce Round Tin
Brand: Harney and Sons
- Why Our Matcha? Jobetsugi is a thin matcha that is light in body, with muted flavors of spinach and honeydew melons. Finely milled from high-quality Tencha tea leaves that are shade-grown in Uji, Japan.
- The process of shade-growing increases the amount of L-theanine in the leaves. Our matcha is vibrant in taste and color!
- Enjoy the bracing vegetal flavors of this powdered tea.
- Best prepared with bamboo whisk and tea bowl. Sift 1-2 tsp matcha into a cup. Add 2oz hot water. 160f. Whisk vigorously in a zig zag motion until the tea is frothy.
- Enjoy your matcha tea straight from the bowl.
Release Date: 10-05-2016
model number: 40-1218-30g
Part Number: 40-1218-30g
Details: This tea is made from a raw tea called tencha that is air dried, then dried flakes are ground between two stones, just like centuries ago. The result is a fine powder that is almost neon green, called matcha. The liquor is made by dissolving the tea powder into water. There is no brewing like with other teas. You drink the leaf. The liquor is thick and frothy from the mixing. It is an opaque brilliant green color. The aromas are faint and only discernible from the broth. They offer hints of honeydew melon sweetness over a base note of cooked spinach. Since it comes from air dried teas, there are no notes of toastiness. Traditionally enjoyed hot, jobetsugi is a mouth filling experience. Brewing time 1 to 2 minutes. Brewing temperature 160 Fahrenheit
Package Dimensions: 2.6 x 2.1 x 2.1 inches