Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms
Color: grey, Black
- Compact rowing machine with full range-of-motion rowing that mimics rowing on the water
- Smooth hydraulic cylinder resistance; adjustable tension controls
- Single button monitor shows speed, distance, time, row count, calories burned, and miles rowed
- Thick, padded seat; pivoting foot plates;Assembled size: 48 inches long x 32.5 inches wide x 27.75 inches high
- Some assembly required; 5-year warranty on frame, 90 days on parts
Warranty: 5-year frame; 90 days parts
Details: Rowing is widely acknowledged to be one of the best all around fitness activities. All major muscle groups including legs, arms, back, abdominal and buttocks are used extensively while rowing.Enjoy one of the best all-around activities for cardiovascular fitness and strength with the Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine. The 1215 Rower has full range-of-motion rowing for a truer rowing motion that mimics rowing on the water with a padded seat that glides on a ball bearing roller system, rowing arms with adjustable resistance, and foam grips that keep hands stable and comfortable.
The Stamina 1215 exercise monitor. See larger image for more features.
Rowing is widely known to be one of the best all-around activities for cardiovascular fitness and strength. Rowing is a total body workout that is efficient, effective, low-impact and utilizes all major muscle groups including the back, legs, arms, abdominals and buttocks. It is one of the best exercises for building a strong back, as well as one of the most effective low-impact aerobic exercises for increasing your metabolism for more efficient calorie and fat burning without the impact on your joints.
Features and Specifications
- Resistance: Smooth hydraulic cylinder resistance
- Precision extruded aluminum beam, deluxe ball bearing roller system
- Single button multi-function monitor shows speed, distance, time, row count, calories burned, and miles rowed
- Adjustable tension controls
- Increase the beam incline for a more intense workout
- Comfortable, thick padded seat
- Pivoting foot plates for added comfort
- Rowing arms fold for storage
- Warranty: 5 years on frame, 90 days on parts
- Dimensions: 48 x 32.5 x 27.75 inches (LxWxH)
Rowing provides an efficient, effective, low-impact workout that utilizes all the major muscle groups, including the back, legs, arms, abdominals and buttocks. It is also one of the best exercises for building a strong back, as well as one of the most effective low-impact aerobic exercises for increasing your metabolism. As a result, you can efficiently burn calories and fat without impacting your joints.
The continuous, non-impact movement of rowing can be broken down into three phases: the starting point is called the catch phase, followed by the drive phase, the finish, and the recovery. In the catch phase, knees are bent with shins vertical and shoulders and arms reaching forward. This phase mimics the point where the oars are being placed in the water. The drive phase is initiated by the legs. As the legs extend, your arms remain straight until the knees are mostly extended. Then the elbows flex bringing the oar handles into the upper stomach. In the finish, the legs are fully extended, your shoulders are back, your elbows are flexed, and the oar handle is against the upper stomach. For the recovery, your knees don't flex until after your hands pass over your knees and your arms and shoulders reach forward to begin the catch phase again.
Because rowing is an impact-free activity, it can be a lifelong form of exercise. It is always best to exercise in your target heart rate zone (70 to 85 percent of your maximum heart rate).